Ingredients: 2 cups of fresh basil leaves, chopped 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
3 tablespoons of sugar 1/4 cup of water Instructions:
1. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine the chopped basil and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. 2. Remove from heat and strain out the solids with a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth.
Discard the solids and pour liquid into a bowl or measuring cup. It should yield about 1/4 cup liquid after cooking down (add more water if needed). 3. To that liquid add in 1 teaspoon lemon juice and 3 tablespoons sugar stirring until dissolved before allowing it cool completely at room temperature (takes about 10-15 minutes).
4. Once cooled you can either use as is or transfer to an ice cube tray for freezing into cubes for future use – just remember each cube will be equal to one tablespoon once thawed out!
This basil jelly recipe is perfect for a quick, easy and delicious way to bring a unique flavor twist to your favorite dishes. Made with just four simple ingredients – fresh basil, sugar, lemon juice and pectin – this bright green jelly will add an unexpected burst of flavor to toast, crostini or sandwiches. Plus it’s vegan-friendly!
The sweetness of the sugar and tartness of the lemon juice perfectly balance out the spicy flavors of the basil making it truly irresistible. Give it a try today!
Q: What Ingredients are Needed to Make Basil Jelly
Basil jelly requires the following ingredients: • 2 cups of fresh basil leaves, washed and dried • 3 ½ cups of white sugar
• 1 packet of liquid pectin • ¼ cup lemon juice. Mixing these components together will create a delicious basil jelly that can be enjoyed on toast or as part of a dessert.
Q: How Long Does It Take to Prepare This Recipe
It takes approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes to prepare this recipe. This includes: – Preparing the ingredients
– Mixing them together – Baking in the oven for 40 minutes – Allowing it rest before serving.
Overall, this delicious dish is worth the wait!
The Cooking Process Takes around 20 Minutes
Cooking can be a fun and relaxing process. It usually takes around 20 minutes from start to finish, depending on what you are cooking: * Prepping ingredients
* Cooking them in the pan or oven * Plating and serving your dish. Enjoy!
Q: Can I Substitute Any of the Ingredients in This Recipe
Yes, you can substitute ingredients in this recipe. Here are some suggestions: • Swap white sugar for brown sugar or honey to add depth of flavor.
• Use vegetable oil instead of butter if desired. • Replace the eggs with mashed bananas or applesauce to make a vegan version. In general, feel free to experiment and adjust the recipe as needed!
You Can Also Use Bottled Lemon Juice Instead of Freshly Squeezed Lemon Juice
Bottled lemon juice can be a great alternative to freshly squeezed lemon juice in a pinch. Here are some benefits of using bottled lemon juice: • Convenience – No need for squeezing or cutting lemons.
• Longer shelf life – Can last up to 18 months in the refrigerator. • Consistent flavor and strength – Bottled lemon juice has the same taste every time, so you don’t need to worry about varying sourness levels with each use.
This basil jelly recipe is a fun and simple way to enjoy the fresh flavors of summer all year long. Not only is it easy to make, but it also looks beautiful on any table or in any gift basket. From salads and sandwiches to cheese platters, this jelly will be sure to please everyone who gives it a try!
With its bright flavor and vibrant color, basil jelly is sure to become an instant classic in your kitchen.