Erin french’s molasses cookie recipe is a delightful combination of spicy and sweet flavors. This recipe features the classic ingredients, including molasses, ginger, cinnamon, and cloves.
Baking is a beloved hobby for many people who love great baked treats. Cooking is a fulfilling activity that can relieve stress, help you express your creativity, and leave you with immediate gratification – a tasty pastry or baked treat! One recipe that you should try is erin french’s molasses cookie recipe.
This recipe has a lovely blend of ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and molasses that will tantalize your taste buds. It is a perfect snack to enjoy any time of the day, and the aroma of this pastry wafting through the home is heavenly. You can also share these cookies with loved ones, friends, and colleagues as they are also great as gifts.
Ingredients And Preparation
Erin French Molasses Cookie Recipe
If you love baking, then you have to try erin french’s molasses cookie recipe. These cookies are perfect for tea time or as an after-dinner treat. The recipe is super easy to follow, and you can easily make a big batch to share with your loved ones.
In this post, we will list all the ingredients needed and provide a step-by-step guide to prepare the cookies.
List All The Ingredients Needed For The Recipe
These molasses cookies require simple ingredients that you can easily find in your pantry. Here are the ingredients needed for the recipe:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Granulated sugar for coating
Describe The Preparation Process Step-By-Step Using Clear Instructions And Bullet Points
Now that you have all the ingredients let’s start baking these delicious cookies. Here are the step-by-step instructions on how to prepare the cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ (190℃)
- In a medium-size bowl, whisk the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter until it’s light and fluffy. Add the brown sugar and beat until creamy.
- Add the egg, molasses, and vanilla extract, and mix until well combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and mix until well blended.
- Form the mixture into small balls using your hands or a cookie scoop.
- Roll the balls in the granulated sugar until they are fully coated.
- Place the balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, leaving enough space between each cookie.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes or until they are golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Highlight Any Special Techniques Or Tips That Can Make The Cookies Even Tastier
To make the molasses cookies even tastier. Here are some tips to follow:
- Make sure to measure the flour correctly by scooping it into the measuring cup and leveling it off with a knife.
- Letting the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes will make it easier to handle.
- For a softer and chewier texture, bake the cookies for 10 minutes instead of 12 minutes.
- If you want to make the cookies more festive, add some festive sprinkles to the granulated sugar before rolling the cookie balls in it.
Now that you have the recipe, we hope you enjoy baking these erin french molasses cookies. Don’t forget to share your baking creations with us!
Erin French Molasses Cookie Recipe: Nutritional Information
Indulging in sweet treats is always satisfying but learning about their nutritional value can help balance out your tastebuds and health. With that in mind, let’s dive into the nutritional breakdown of erin french’s molasses cookie recipe.
Provide A Breakdown Of The Nutritional Value Of The Recipe
- Calories: 98 per cookie
- Fat: 4g
- Total carbohydrates: 15g
- Protein: 1g
- Sodium: 47mg
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Sugar: 8g
Mention Any Possible Dietary Restrictions Or Modifications
If you have dietary restrictions, don’t worry, you can still enjoy these cookies by making a few modifications. Here are some possible options to consider:
- Vegan: Substitute butter with a vegan butter alternative and use flax eggs instead of regular eggs.
- Gluten-free: Swap out regular flour for a gluten-free alternative. You can use almond flour, rice flour, or any other gluten-free flour of your choice.
- Dairy-free: Replace butter with coconut oil or vegan butter for a dairy-free alternative.
- Low-sugar: Reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe by using a sugar alternative, like stevia or monk fruit sweetener.
It’s worth noting that substitutions may change the nutritional value of the recipe, so be sure to adjust accordingly. Now, armed with all this information, you can fully enjoy these delicious cookies while staying mindful of your overall health.
Erin french’s molasses cookies are delicious and hard to resist. Not only are they easy to make, but they are also versatile enough to be served at different occasions. Below are some serving suggestions to make the most of these tasty cookies:
Suggest Some Creative And Appetizing Presentation Ideas
- Dust the cookies with powdered sugar before serving on a plate
- Arrange the cookies in a decorative tin or jar lined with wax paper
- Serve the cookies with a dollop of whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top
- Enhance the flavour of molasses by serving the cookies with a cup of coffee or tea
Provide Tips On How To Best Store The Cookies To Maintain Their Freshness And Texture
- Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to one week
- To maintain their freshness longer, store the cookies in the refrigerator or freezer
- Separate the cookies with wax paper to prevent them from sticking to each other
Offer Recommendations On Ideal Time And Places To Serve The Cookies
- Serve the cookies as an after-dinner dessert or snack along with a glass of milk
- Offer them at a holiday party or potluck event
- Bring a batch of cookies as a homemade gift for any occasion
By following these suggestions, you can elevate the presentation and enjoyment of erin french’s molasses cookies. Don’t forget to store them properly to maintain their freshness and serve them at the ideal time and places.
Frequently Asked Questions For Erin French Molasses Cookie Recipe
How Do I Make Erin French’S Molasses Cookies?
To make erin french’s famous molasses cookies, mix all the ingredients in a bowl until well combined. Scoop the dough and place them on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven at 375 degrees f for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through.
Let them cool and serve.
What Makes Erin French’S Molasses Cookies Special?
Erin french’s molasses cookies are special because they are made with a blend of spices that give them a unique flavor. The cookies have a slightly crispy exterior and a soft, chewy center, making them a perfect treat to enjoy with a cup of milk.
Can I Freeze Erin French’S Molasses Cookies?
Yes, you can freeze erin french’s molasses cookies. Once the cookies have cooled down, place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. Label them with the date and store them in the freezer for up to three months. Thaw them at room temperature before serving.
How Many Calories Does Erin French’S Molasses Cookies Have?
One serving of erin french’s molasses cookies with the recipe for 24 cookies has approximately 150 calories. However, this may vary based on the size of the cookies. It’s always essential to keep track of your calorie intake if you’re on a restricted diet.
Can I Use Dark Molasses Instead Of Light Molasses For The Cookies?
Yes, you can use dark molasses instead of light molasses for erin french’s molasses cookies. Dark molasses will add a deeper, more complex flavor and a darker color to the cookies. You can also use a combination of both light and dark molasses to experiment with the intensity of the flavor.
To sum it all up, using erin french’s molasses cookie recipe will definitely make your holiday season merrier and sweeter. These cookies are a perfect combination of soft, chewy, and spiced flavors that will surely satisfy your sweet tooth. With easy-to-follow steps and ingredients that are easy to find, you can bake them with ease even if you are new to baking.
What’s more, they are perfect to serve for guests, a quick snack, and even as gifts. You can even put your own twist on them by experimenting with different toppings and adding your own special touches. With this recipe, you’ll have an amazing addition to your holiday baking repertoire.
So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try and enjoy the warm and comforting taste of erin french’s molasses cookies in the chilly winter months!