Martha stewart’s rum cake recipe combines cake mix, pudding mix, and plenty of rum for a delicious and easy dessert. Martha stewart is one of the most celebrated home cooks in the world, and her recipes are renowned for their quality and simplicity.
Her rum cake recipe is a perfect example of this, with just a few key ingredients combining to create a moist and flavorful cake that’s perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for a sweet treat to enjoy at home, this recipe is sure to impress.
In this article, we’ll take a closer look at martha stewart’s rum cake recipe, including everything you need to know to make it at home.
Ingredients And Preparation
Martha stewart’s rum cake recipe is the perfect dessert for any occasion. This classic dessert is filled with the rich flavors of rum and topped with a sweet glaze. In this section, we will take a look at the ingredients and preparation process for this delicious dessert.
List Of Ingredients And Their Quantities Required For The Recipe:
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package yellow cake mix
- 1 package jell-o instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup dark rum (80 proof)
- 1/4 pound (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark rum
Detailed Instructions On The Preparation Process:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees f (165 degrees c). Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan or a 12-cup bundt pan.
- Sprinkle chopped pecans evenly on the bottom of the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine yellow cake mix, jell-o instant vanilla pudding, eggs, water, oil, and 1/2 cup of rum. Beat on low speed with a hand mixer until ingredients are blended for about 30 seconds. Switch to high speed and mix for 2 minutes until the batter is smooth.
- Pour the batter into the pan over the pecans.
- Bake the cake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, make the glaze. Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over low heat. Stir in the water and sugar. Turn up the heat to medium and cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of rum.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before removing it from the pan. Then, poke holes in the cake with a fork or skewer and pour the glaze over the warm cake, allowing it to soak in. Let the cake cool completely in the pan before removing it.
Tips For Getting The Perfect Texture And Flavor:
- Use a high-quality dark rum for the best flavor.
- Make sure to follow the preparation process carefully to avoid any mistakes.
- Do not over-bake the cake. Check the doneness after about 50 minutes of baking.
- Let the cake cool down for 10 minutes before adding the glaze.
- Poke holes in the cake to help the glaze soak in and create a moist texture.
- You can serve the cake with whipped cream or ice cream for an extra touch of sweetness.
We hope this guide helps you to make the perfect rum cake to impress your guests. Happy baking!
Martha Stewart Rum Cake Recipe: Baking Process
If you’re a baking enthusiast, martha stewart’s rum cake recipe is a must-try! The rich flavors and moist texture of this cake will make it an instant hit among your family and friends. Here’s a detailed guide on how to ace the baking process, tips for achieving the perfect time and temperature, and suggestions for alternate baking methods or ingredient substitutions.
Detailed Steps For Baking And Testing The Cake
To make the perfect martha stewart rum cake, follow these simple steps:
- Preheat your oven to 325°f.
- Grease a 12-cup bundt pan and sprinkle it with flour to ensure the cake doesn’t stick to the pan.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat butter and sugar together until creamy.
- Add eggs to the butter mixture, one at a time, making sure to beat well after each addition.
- Fold in the flour mixture until the batter is smooth.
- Add in the rum, milk, and vanilla extract, and stir carefully until all the ingredients are well-combined.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pan and smooth out the surface.
- Bake for approximately 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once done, let the cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips For Achieving The Perfect Baking Time And Temperature
Getting the baking time and temperature right is crucial to achieving the perfect martha stewart rum cake. Here are some tips to help you get it right:
- Monitor the cake constantly while it’s baking to ensure it doesn’t overcook or undercook.
- Check the cake center’s doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake and examining it. If it comes out clean, the cake is done.
- Adjust the baking time and temperature based on the oven’s performance, since each oven is different. Make sure to preheat the oven thoroughly.
- Use the right size cake pan as suggested in the recipe since using a different pan size can affect the baking time and temperature.
Suggestions For Alternate Baking Methods Or Ingredient Substitutions
If you’re keen on giving martha stewart’s rum cake your twist, here are some suggestions for alternative baking methods or ingredient substitutions:
- Substitute rum with apple juice or apple cider for a non-alcoholic version of the cake. You can also substitute it with any other liquor of your choice.
- Add chopped nuts or raisins to the cake batter for a crunchier texture.
- Instead of milk, you can add sour cream or buttermilk to make the cake moister.
- For enhanced flavors, add lemon zest, orange zest, or almond extract to the batter.
- If you don’t have a bundt pan, you can bake the cake in a regular cake pan or muffin tins, but you’ll need to adjust the baking time and temperature accordingly.
Overall, martha stewart rum cake is an excellent dessert for any occasion. By following the detailed steps and tips outlined above, you can successfully bake this delicious cake and earn accolades from your loved ones. So, grab the ingredients, preheat your oven, and get baking!
Rum Syrup And Glaze Preparation
Martha Stewart Rum Cake Recipe
If you’re a fan of rum cakes, then martha stewart’s rum cake recipe is a must-try. This cake is both delicious and easy to make. One of the key highlights of this recipe is the rum syrup and glaze preparation.
In this section, we will go through the detailed instructions for preparing the rum syrup and glaze, suggestions for adjusting the recipe to your taste preferences, and tips for creating a smooth and shiny finish.
Detailed Instructions For Preparing The Rum Syrup And Glaze:
Preparing the rum syrup and glaze is crucial in ensuring the cake is moist and flavorful. Below are the detailed instructions you need to follow.
- For the rum syrup, mix butter, water, sugar, and rum in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens, usually around 5 minutes.
- While the cake is still hot, poke several holes in the cake using a toothpick and pour the rum syrup over the cake, spreading it evenly.
- For the glaze, mix butter, water, and sugar in a saucepan and cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens, usually around 5 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and stir in rum. Drizzle the glaze over the cake, spreading it to cover the top and sides of the cake.
Suggestions For Adjusting The Recipe To Taste Preferences:
If you want to play around with the ingredients, there are several adjustments you can make to achieve different tastes. Here are some suggestions:
- If you love the taste of rum, you can increase the amount of rum in both the syrup and glaze.
- Instead of using butter, you can use cream cheese for the glaze to add a tangy flavor.
- You can add chopped nuts to the cake batter for added texture.
Tips For Creating A Smooth And Shiny Finish:
Getting a smooth and shiny finish can be a bit tricky, but these tips will help:
- Let the cake cool before adding the glaze. This will help the glaze to stick well to the cake.
- Use a spoon or spatula when adding the glaze to the cake – this helps to create a smooth finish.
- Once you’ve added the glaze, you can use a pastry brush to spread it evenly over the cake and ensure that it sets with a shiny finish.
Overall, martha stewart’s rum cake recipe is a great recipe to try if you want to impress your guests with a scrumptious dessert. By following the instructions for preparing the rum syrup and glaze, adjusting the recipe to your taste preferences, and using our tips for creating a smooth and shiny finish, you’re guaranteed to have a mouth-watering cake that will have everyone craving for more.
Serving And Storage
Martha Stewart Rum Cake Recipe: Serving And Storage
Martha stewart’s rum cake is a mouth-watering dessert that brings an exotic twist to the traditional cake. It is perfect for those who want to add a touch of sophistication to their dessert table. It is not only easy to make but also stays fresh for a long time, provided it is stored correctly.
Here are some suggestions on serving, storing, and pairing this rum cake.
Suggestions For Serving And Presentation Of The Martha Stewart Rum Cake
- The cake can be served as a dessert or a snack in small bite-sized pieces.
- You can garnish the cake with whipped cream, fresh fruits, or fruit sauce to add some color and flavor to your dish.
- Using a decorative platter or cake stand for presentation can make the cake visually appealing and elegant.
- Adding a sprinkle of icing sugar on top of the cake can add some contrast and texture to the dish.
Tips For Storing The Cake And Preserving Its Texture And Flavor
- You can store the cake in an airtight container or cover it with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- Keep the cake refrigerated at a temperature between 34-40°f to retain its moisture and freshness.
- Before serving, take the cake out of the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for a while to bring out its flavors.
Ideas For Pairing With Complementary Food And Drinks
- Serve the rum cake with a cup of freshly brewed coffee or tea to balance out its sweetness.
- Adding a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream on top of the cake can create a sweet and creamy contrast that your mouth will savor.
- Hints of cinnamon or nutmeg work well with the rum flavor, so you can add some spices to your cake batter before baking.
- Pairing the cake with fresh berries can add a fruity flavor that complements the rum cake’s buttercream.
Martha stewart’s rum cake is an easy-to-make dessert that adds a delicious twist to your sweet dishes. Ensure to use our tips for storing, serving, and pairing it with complementary foods and drinks to get the most out of this tasty recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Martha Stewart Rum Cake Recipe
What Ingredients Are Needed For Martha Stewart’S Rum Cake Recipe?
To make martha stewart’s rum cake recipe, you’ll need all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla extract, dark rum, and whole milk.
How Long Does It Take To Make The Rum Cake?
The preparation time for the cake is approximately 20 minutes. It takes about an hour to bake and a further 10 minutes for cooling the cake in the pan. Overall, it takes around 1 hour and 40 minutes to make the cake.
What Kind Of Glaze Does The Recipe Use?
The martha stewart rum cake recipe calls for a glaze made with butter, sugar, dark rum, and water. This mixture is heated in a saucepan until the sugar dissolves into a syrupy consistency and then drizzled over the cake.
Can I Use A Different Type Of Rum?
Yes, you can use any dark rum of your choice, depending on your taste preference. The recipe specifies using dark rum because the flavor is more robust and complements the richness of the cake.
How Should I Store The Rum Cake?
The cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to three days or in the refrigerator for longer storage. It’s recommended to let the cake come to room temperature before serving.
Overall, the martha stewart rum cake recipe is a superb indulgence that combines the scrumptious flavours of rum and buttery cake into one delightful creation. Its gooey texture and boozy kick make it the perfect choice for any occasion, from a casual get-together to a festive celebration.
While the recipe requires a bit of patience and precision, it is well worth the effort once you get to savour its heavenly taste. Plus, its simplicity makes it a great go-to choice for bakers of any skill level, whether you’re an expert or a novice.
So if you’re looking to impress your guests with a delicious dessert that is sure to satiate their sweet cravings, give the martha stewart rum cake recipe a try. Trust us, it won’t disappoint.