To make your own mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger, grill beef patties and top them with smoked bacon, crispy onions, and tangy sauce. It is a delicious burger that is easy to make and satisfies any fast-food cravings.
Mcdonald’s is an american fast-food chain famous for burgers, fries, and shakes. One of its popular menu items is the bacon smokehouse burger, a juicy beef patty topped with crispy bacon, smoky onions, and a tangy signature sauce. While you can always order the burger from the restaurant, there is nothing like recreating it at home.
With this recipe, you can make your bacon smokehouse burger at home with ease. So, gather your ingredients, and get ready to enjoy this tasty burger.
Ingredients You’Ll Need
Detailed List Of All Ingredients, With Substitutes If Available
To create a delicious bacon smokehouse burger that rivals the ones from mcdonald’s, you will need to gather a few ingredients. Here’s a comprehensive list of everything you’ll need to make this mouth-watering burger at home:
- Hamburger buns (preferably brioche)
- 1 pound ground beef (80/20 ratio of lean to fat)
- 4 slices of smoked bacon
- 1/4 cup of crispy onion fried strings
- 4 slices of creamy white cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup of mcdonald’s smokehouse bbq sauce
- 2 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil or vegetable oil for grilling
Substitutes: if you don’t have all the exact ingredients, you can substitute them with similar ones. Instead of smoked bacon slices, you can use regular bacon slices. You can switch the crispy onion fried strings with caramelized onions. And instead of creamy white cheddar cheese, you can use other types of cheese like american, swiss, or pepper jack.
Tips On Selecting The Best Quality Ingredients For A Perfect Burger
Choosing high-quality ingredients makes a significant difference in the final taste of the burger. Here are a few tips on selecting the best ingredient for your mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger:
- Beef: Begin with fresh ground beef that has the right fat content. You want beef with an 80:20 ratio of lean to fat, which will create a juicy and flavorful burger patty.
- Bacon: Select sliced bacon that is thick and smoked for an enhanced smoky flavor.
- Cheese: Go for a mild, creamy cheese that melts quickly, like white cheddar cheese. Cheese should be sliced in square shape to fit the burger patty.
- Bun: Choose a fresh, soft brioche bun that is large enough to fit the patty. Toasted lightly will keep the bread from becoming mushy from the juices of the burger.
- Onions: Freshly sliced onions that are then caramelized for sweetness and texture, or crispy onion fried strings, which is also a great alternative when you don’t want to add onions.
- Sauces: The perfect burger should have a combination of sauces that add plenty of flavors. Mix smokehouse bbq sauce, ketchup, mayonnaise, and mustard for the special sauce. At mcdonald’s, the smokehouse bbq sauce is used specifically for this recipe and it makes a flavorful combination.
- Spices: Use smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper for a perfect flavor kick. Coat the spices on the beef patties before cooking them. And don’t forget the olive oil when cooking the beef patties, use a minimal amount to prevent the burgers from sticking.
Remember, the key to making the perfect mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger is using high-quality ingredients and following the recipe’s instructions closely. Now that you know the precise ingredients required and what substitutions can be made, you’re ready to make your homemade bacon smokehouse burgers that have a perfect taste and are healthy for your body.
Recipe Instructions Step-By-Step
Detailed Instructions On Making Your Own Mcdonald’S Bacon Smokehouse Burger
Are you ready to create your own delicious mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger at home? Follow these simple recipe instructions to get started.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Season two beef patties with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut two brioche buns in half and lightly toast them.
- Cook six slices of bacon until crispy and set them aside.
- Slice one red onion into rings and set aside.
- Wash and dry one head of lettuce and tear into small pieces.
- Slice two pickles thinly and set aside.
Grilling The Beef Patties
- Place the beef patties on the grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 160f.
- Place two slices of smoked gouda cheese on each patty during the last minute of cooking to allow it to melt.
Assembling The Burger
- Spread a tablespoon of special sauce on the top and bottom buns.
- Place the grilled beef patty with melted cheese on the bottom bun.
- Then, layer two slices of bacon, three onion rings, a handful of lettuce, and a few pickle slices on top of the patty.
- Top it off with the other beef patty with melted cheese.
- Enjoy your delicious homemade mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger!
Tips And Tricks For Grilling, Seasoning, And Topping According To Your Personal Taste
- To achieve the perfect burger, make sure to use quality beef. Look for 80/20 meat-to-fat ratio ground beef to ensure juicy, flavorful burgers.
- For added flavor, mix in a tablespoon of worcestershire sauce to your beef patties before grilling.
- Feel free to experiment with toppings! Try adding avocado or jalapenos for a unique twist.
- Don’t skip the cheese! The smoked gouda cheese adds a special flavor to this burger that is hard to replicate without it.
- You can substitute the brioche buns with any type of bun, but make sure to toast them before assembling your burger.
- If you like your bacon extra crispy, consider baking it in the oven first before adding it to your burger.
- To save time, you can prepare the special sauce in advance and store it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- For an added kick of flavor, brush the onion rings with barbecue sauce before grilling them.
- Don’t overcook your beef patties to ensure a juicy, flavorful burger. Keep an eye on the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Finally, enjoy your homemade mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger with your favorite side dishes, such as french fries or coleslaw.
How To Make Your Burger Healthier
Mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger recipe – how to make your burger healthier
When it comes to fast food, there are few options more tempting than a juicy burger. And when that burger includes crispy bacon, smoky barbecue sauce, and melted cheese, it’s hard to resist. But indulging in fast food regularly can compromise your health.
However, by making a few simple substitutions and cooking methods, you can transform this classic burger into a healthier option. Below are tips on making a healthier version of the bacon smokehouse burger.
Tips On Making A Healthier Version Of The Bacon Smokehouse Burger, Including Ingredient Swaps And Cooking Methods
- Swap out the white bun for a whole-grain or lettuce wrap to reduce your carb intake, increase fiber, and lower the glycemic index.
- Instead of regular bacon, use canadian bacon or turkey bacon to decrease the amount of saturated fat and sodium in your burger.
- Opt for a lower-fat cheese like feta, mozzarella, or goat cheese instead of cheddar or american cheese to decrease your calorie intake.
- Substitute the regular barbecue sauce with sugar-free or homemade sauce to reduce sugar and calorie intake. You can make your barbecue sauce by mixing tomato sauce, apple cider vinegar, worcestershire sauce, mustard, and spices like garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and cumin.
- Choose lean protein like chicken or turkey and grill them instead of frying to decrease the fat content.
Importance Of Moderation And Portion Control For A Healthy Diet
Even if you use all the above tips to make your bacon smokehouse burger healthier, moderation and portion control are still essential for a healthy diet. Remember these points:
- Eat only half the serving size or share your burger with someone else to reduce your calorie intake.
- Make sure to include plenty of vegetables in your burger, like lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and grilled peppers, to increase nutritional value.
- Choose water or unsweetened tea instead of soda or sugary drinks to decrease your sugar intake.
- Try not to make fast food a regular part of your diet and instead, make healthier meals at home as often as possible.
With a few swaps and cooking methods, you can make your bacon smokehouse burger a healthier option. However, don’t forget the importance of moderation and portion control to maintain a healthy diet. By incorporating these tips, you can still indulge in your favorite fast food without compromising your health.
Mcdonald’S Bacon Smokehouse Burger Recipe: Final Thoughts
Review of the recipe and tips covered in the article:
- The mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger recipe is a fan-favorite and has been around since 2018.
- The burger includes a quarter pound beef patty, smoked bacon, crispy onions, white cheddar cheese, sweet and smoky barbecue sauce, and artisan roll.
- This article has outlined a recipe that you can use to make the burger at home and included tips on how to customize it to your liking.
Some of the tips covered in the article are:
- Cook the bacon first to the desired level of crispiness.
- Grill the beef patties for 3-4 minutes on each side for that perfect sear.
- Add your favorite toppings to the burger such as lettuce, pickles, or jalapeños.
- Toast the buns lightly in a skillet or toaster before assembling the burger to add extra texture.
Final words on the popularity and cultural significance of mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger recipe:
- The bacon smokehouse burger has become a popular menu item at mcdonald’s and has gained a loyal following.
- Its unique combination of smoky flavors and ingredients has set it apart from other burgers at the fast-food chain.
- The burger has also become popular among food bloggers and home cooks who enjoy experimenting with its flavors and textures.
- The bacon smokehouse burger has become a cultural icon in the fast-food industry and continues to attract new fans.
Frequently Asked Questions On Mcdonald’S Bacon Smokehouse Burger Recipe
How To Make Mcdonald’S Bacon Smokehouse Burger At Home?
To make mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger at home, you will need a quarter-pound beef patty, crispy onion strings, applewood smoked bacon, smoky bacon-onion sauce, and toasted sesame seed bun. Cook the patty, add the bacon and onion strings, put sauce, and serve between the buns.
What Is The Ingredient Used In Mcdonald’S Bacon Smokehouse Burger?
The main ingredients in mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger are a quarter-pound beef patty, applewood smoked bacon, crispy onion strings, smoky bacon-onion sauce, and a toasted sesame seed bun.
In Which Country Mcdonald’S First Introduced The Bacon Smokehouse Burger?
The mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger was first introduced in the united states in 2018.
After exploring the steps and ingredients of the mcdonald’s bacon smokehouse burger recipe, it’s clear that replicating this delicious burger is entirely possible in the comfort of your own kitchen. The combination of the charbroiled beef patty, crispy applewood smoked bacon, and tangy sweet onion barbecue sauce give this burger a unique and irresistible flavor.
By following the proper instructions and using high-quality ingredients, anyone can experience the ultimate taste of this fast-food favorite. Not only is making this at home a fun and exciting challenge, but it also saves both time and money in the long run.
Next time you’re craving the taste of the bacon smokehouse burger, skip the drive-thru and give this recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you.