Paula deen’s monkey bread recipe is a popular, sweet and gooey treat. Made with canned biscuit dough, sugar, butter, and cinnamon, it is easy to make and perfect for breakfast or dessert.
Monkey bread is a classic dish that has been enjoyed by families for generations. Paula deen’s recipe puts a unique twist on the traditional recipe by using canned biscuit dough. The result is a sweet and gooey treat that is perfect for breakfast or dessert.
With just a few simple ingredients, you can make this delicious dessert in no time. In this article, we will share paula deen’s monkey bread recipe and offer tips on how to make it just right. Whether you are an experienced baker or a novice in the kitchen, you can easily make this delicious treat for your family and friends.
What Is Paula Deen Monkey Bread?
Paula deen monkey bread recipe: definition and brief history of monkey bread
If you’re a fan of ooey, gooey, sweet, and sticky pastry, then you probably already know all about monkey bread! This beloved pastry dish is a staple at many family gatherings and social events across america. But what exactly is monkey bread, and where did it come from?
Let’s take a closer look.
Definition And Brief History Of Monkey Bread
Monkey bread is a sweet, sticky, and indulgent pastry made from small pieces of dough that are rolled into balls and then baked together in a cake tin or bundt pan. Once the bread is baked, it is typically pulled apart in large, sticky chunks and served warm.
While no one knows exactly where or when monkey bread was invented, it seems to have originated in the united states sometime in the mid-20th century. The dish’s name is believed to have come from its resemblance to the monkey puzzle tree, which has a similar balled and intertwined appearance.
In the 1970s and 80s, monkey bread became a popular party dish, often served at potlucks, brunches, and holiday gatherings. Today, there are countless variations of the monkey bread recipe, ranging from classic cinnamon-sugar to savory cheese and garlic.
Introduction To Paula Deen And Her Culinary Legacy
When it comes to southern cooking and comfort food, few chefs are as well-known and respected as paula deen. Born and raised in albany, georgia, paula grew up around her grandmother’s southern-style cooking and developed a passion for comfort food from an early age.
After working as a caterer and restaurant owner for many years, paula gained national attention with her food network show, paula’s home cooking. Her warm personality, down-home cooking style, and love of southern culture quickly made her a household name and a beloved figure in the culinary world.
Over the years, paula has published numerous cookbooks and opened several successful restaurants, all of which focus on classic southern comfort food and hospitality. Her recipes are known for their indulgent, decadent flavors, and paula’s signature use of butter and cream is a staple in many southern kitchens.
Through her work, paula has helped to popularize southern-style cooking around the world and has inspired countless home cooks to try their hand at making traditional comfort food dishes.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of paula deen or are just discovering monkey bread for the first time, there’s no denying the appeal of this classic southern favorite. So why not channel your inner southern chef and give paula’s monkey bread recipe a try?
Your taste buds will thank you!
Ingredients For Paula Deen Monkey Bread
Paula deen is a renowned american chef who has many recipes to her name, but her monkey bread recipe is undoubtedly one of the most delicious. This dessert is a perfect treat for all occasions and guaranteed to leave your taste buds satisfied.
We’ll be discussing the key ingredients required for paula deen’s monkey bread recipe, as well as tips for choosing high-quality ingredients to make sure your dish turns out perfect.
List Of Ingredients Required For Paula Deen’S Recipe
To make paula deen’s monkey bread, you’ll require the following ingredients:
- 3 cans of refrigerated biscuits
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
Tips For Choosing The Right Quality Ingredients
As with any recipe, the ingredients used contribute immensely to the overall taste and quality of the dish. Here are some tips to help you choose high-quality ingredients for paula deen’s monkey bread:
- For the refrigerated biscuits, go for a reputable brand, and check the sell-by date to ensure they are fresh.
- Use high-quality unsalted butter to give the dish a rich flavor and not to overpower the other ingredients.
- To enhance the flavor of the cinnamon, ensure it is fresh and fragrant.
- Using high-quality brown sugar will give the dish a rich caramel flavor that blends perfectly with the other ingredients.
- Be sure to measure your ingredients correctly, as they can either make or break the recipe.
Now that you have the key ingredients for paula deen’s monkey bread recipe and useful tips for choosing the right quality ingredients, you’re ready to make your delicious dessert. Follow the recipe instructions carefully, and you’ll have a hearty and satisfying dessert perfect for any occasion.
Step-By-Step Guide To Make Paula Deen Monkey Bread
Detailed Instructions For Making The Dough And Preparing The Bread
Creating the dough is the first step in making paula deen monkey bread, and it’s imperative to get it right. Follow these steps for the perfect dough:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons of instant yeast, 1/4 cup of sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- Heat 1/2 cup of milk, 1/4 cup of water, and 1/4 cup of unsalted butter in a saucepan until the mixture reaches 120-130°f. Then, add this warm mixture into the mixing bowl and beat it with an electric mixer.
- Add one egg and continue beating the mixture. Gradually add in more flour until the dough starts to form.
- Let the dough rest for 10-15 minutes, then divide it into small pieces.
- Roll each piece into a ball, dip them into melted butter and a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, then place them in a bundt pan.
- Let the dough rise for an additional 30 minutes, then bake it in an oven preheated to 350°f for 30-35 minutes.
Tips For Getting The Perfect Texture, Flavor, And Aroma
To make sure your version of paula deen monkey bread comes out perfectly every time, follow these tips:
- Use instant yeast and make sure it’s fresh.
- Measure your ingredients precisely, including the flour.
- Mix the dough for at least 10 minutes to activate the gluten.
- Use room temperature ingredients to help the dough rise quickly.
- Don’t overwork the dough; it should be soft and elastic.
- Use a bundt pan with a capacity of at least 10 cups for best results.
- Coat the bundt pan thoroughly with melted butter to prevent sticking.
- Let the bread cool for 10-15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to mature.
- Serve the monkey bread with a delicious dipping sauce like caramel or chocolate syrup.
- Customize your recipe by adding your favorite nuts and fruits like chopped pecans, apples, or raisins.
Remember, the key to a perfect monkey bread recipe is practice. Experiment with the recipe to find the perfect flavor that suits your personal preferences, and with practice, you’ll soon be a baking pro!
Serving And Storing Paula Deen Monkey Bread
Paula deen monkey bread recipe – serving and storing paula deen monkey bread
Paula deen’s monkey bread recipe has become a favorite among many who enjoy making quick and easy baked goods. The soft, pillowy texture of the bread, along with the sweet and cinnamon flavor makes it an irresistible treat. Whether you’re serving it as a dessert or a snack, there are some creative ways to garnish and present this bread.
Let’s take a look at some suggestions for serving the bread, creative ideas for garnishing and presenting the bread, and tips for preserving its freshness and flavor over time.
Suggestions For Serving The Bread As A Dessert Or Snack
- Slice the bread into bite-sized pieces and serve it as finger food at a party or gathering.
- Serve the bread with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an extra indulgent dessert.
- Warm the bread in the oven and serve it with a dusting of powdered sugar to balance the sweetness.
- Pair the bread with a cup of coffee or tea for a cozy afternoon snack.
Creative Ideas For Garnishing And Presenting The Bread
- Drizzle melted chocolate or caramel sauce over the bread for an elevated presentation.
- Top the bread with a sprinkle of chopped nuts, such as pecans or almonds, for added crunch and texture.
- Serve the bread in a decorative basket or bowl for a rustic and charming presentation.
- Place the bread on a cake stand and dust it with powdered sugar or cinnamon for an elegant touch.
Tips For Preserving The Freshness And Flavor Of The Bread Over Time
- Store the bread in an airtight container or plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out.
- Keep the bread away from direct sunlight and heat sources to prevent it from becoming stale.
- Freeze the bread for up to 3 months by wrapping it tightly in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil. Thaw the bread at room temperature before serving.
- To revive stale bread, wrap it in a damp paper towel and gently heat it in the microwave for a few seconds or in the oven at 350°f for 10 minutes.
Paula deen’s monkey bread is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that can be served as a dessert or snack. By using creative ideas for garnishing and presenting the bread, and following some tips for preserving its freshness and flavor, you can enjoy this bread for days to come.
Health Benefits And Nutritional Facts Of Paula Deen Monkey Bread
Paula deen monkey bread recipe – health benefits and nutritional facts
Monkey bread, also known as pull-apart bread, is a sweet and delicious treat that is perfect for any occasion. There are many variations of this classic dessert, but paula deen’s monkey bread recipe is one of the most popular. In this section of the blog post, we’ll explore the health benefits and nutritional facts of paula deen’s monkey bread, as well as compare it with other popular monkey bread recipes.
Discussion On The Nutritional Benefits Of The Bread
- The monkey bread made from paula deen’s recipe contains several healthy ingredients that provide various nutritional benefits. These ingredients include:
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is known to have anti-inflammatory properties that may help lower the risk of heart disease and reduce blood sugar levels.
- Pecans: Pecans are an excellent source of healthy fats, fiber, and protein. They also contain several vitamins and minerals, including vitamin e, magnesium, and zinc.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is a great source of calcium, which is essential for building and maintaining strong bones. It also contains probiotics, which are beneficial bacteria that promote good gut health.
- Despite these healthy ingredients, paula deen’s monkey bread is not considered a health food due to its high sugar and calorie content. One serving of monkey bread (1/12 of the recipe) contains approximately 400 calories and 37 grams of sugar.
Comparison Of Paula Deen’S Recipe With Other Popular Monkey Bread Recipes
- The classic monkey bread recipe typically consists of canned biscuits, cinnamon, sugar, and butter. However, there are many variations of the recipe that incorporate different ingredients, such as chocolate, caramel, and fruit.
- Compared to the classic recipe, paula deen’s recipe is slightly healthier due to the inclusion of yogurt and pecans. It also contains less sugar than some other variations of monkey bread.
- Some popular monkey bread recipes, such as the one made with canned biscuits and a can of apple pie filling, can contain up to 40 grams of sugar per serving. This is significantly higher than paula deen’s recipe, which contains 37 grams of sugar per serving.
- When it comes to calorie content, however, paula deen’s recipe is on par with other variations of monkey bread. One serving of the canned biscuit and apple pie filling recipe can contain up to 450 calories, which is only slightly higher than paula deen’s recipe.
While paula deen’s monkey bread recipe contains some healthy ingredients, it should still be enjoyed in moderation due to its high sugar and calorie content. However, compared to other variations of the recipe, it is a slightly healthier option.
Frequently Asked Questions For Paula Deen Monkey Bread Recipe
What Is Monkey Bread?
Monkey bread is a sweet, pull-apart bread made with bite-sized dough. It’s traditionally coated with cinnamon, sugar, and butter and has a sticky, gooey texture when pulled apart. The bread originated in hungary and became popular in the united states during the 1950s.
How Do You Make Paula Deen’S Monkey Bread?
Paula deen’s monkey bread recipe requires just a few ingredients, including store-bought biscuit dough, cinnamon, sugar, butter, and pecans. First, cut the biscuit dough into small pieces, roll them in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, and layer them in a bundt pan.
Drizzle melted butter on top, add pecans, and bake it in the oven until golden brown.
Can I Make Monkey Bread The Night Before?
Yes, you can make monkey bread the night before! After assembling the bread, let it proof overnight in the refrigerator. The next day, preheat the oven and let the bread come back to room temperature before baking. This will take longer than usual, but the end result will be worth it!
How Many Calories Are In Paula Deen’S Monkey Bread?
Paula deen’s monkey bread is a decadent treat, with each serving containing around 500 calories. This is due to the high amount of sugar and butter used in the recipe. However, you can modify the recipe to make it slightly healthier by using less sugar, butter, or opting for a lower-calorie alternative.
Can You Freeze Monkey Bread?
Yes, monkey bread can be frozen! Let the bread cool completely, then wrap it tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Freeze for up to three months. To reheat, let the bread thaw at room temperature, then warm it up in the oven until heated through.
It’s best to reheat monkey bread in the oven, as microwaving it can make it soggy.
After trying out paula deen’s famous monkey bread recipe, it is safe to say that this dish is a crowd-pleaser in every sense. The combination of fluffy, buttery bread and cinnamon sugar make for a truly indulgent treat that is perfect for any occasion.
Whether you’re looking to impress guests at a brunch or simply want to indulge in a sweet snack, this recipe is easy to follow and produces delicious results every time. Although monkey bread may not be the healthiest option out there, it’s certainly worth the occasional indulgence! So, if you’re looking to satisfy your sweet tooth and impress your guests, give paula deen’s monkey bread recipe a try.
Your taste buds will thank you!