The pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe is a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that is perfect for summer gatherings and barbecues. Made with fresh blueberries, shredded cabbage, and a tangy dressing, this coleslaw is a refreshing and healthy addition to any meal.
The Benefits Of Blueberries
Blueberries are not only a delicious fruit to snack on, but they can also add a ton of nutritional value to any dish. Here are the key points about why blueberries are an excellent choice for any summer recipe:
- Packed with antioxidants: Blueberries are rich in antioxidants, particularly anthocyanins, which are responsible for their deep blue color. These antioxidants can help reduce inflammation and oxidative stress, which may reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes.
- Low in calories and high in fiber: One cup of blueberries contains only 84 calories and 4 grams of fiber, making them an excellent option for anyone looking to maintain or lose weight. Their high fiber content can also help improve digestion and regulate blood sugar levels.
When added to our pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe, these benefits can make a huge difference to the overall health value of the dish.
Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw Recipe Ingredients
To make pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients:
- 4 cups of shredded cabbage
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
This blueberry coleslaw recipe is not only healthy and delicious, but it’s also effortless to make. Here are the key points to consider when choosing the ingredients:
- Cabbage: It’s high in fiber, vitamin c, and low in calories.
- Blueberries: They’re low in calories, high in antioxidants and add a burst of sweetness.
- Walnuts: A great source of healthy fat and add a lovely crunch.
- Greek yogurt: A healthy alternative to mayo, high in protein and low in fat.
- Apple cider vinegar: Adds tanginess and aids digestion.
- Honey: Adds sweetness and is an excellent natural sweetener.
- Salt and black pepper: Seasonings to bring out the flavors.
Make sure to use fresh ingredients for better flavor and nutritional value. Follow the recipe instructions carefully, and you’ll have a delicious and healthy meal.
Making Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw Recipe
Once You Have All Of The Ingredients, Making This Coleslaw Recipe Is A Breeze.
If you’ve gathered all the ingredients to make pdq blueberry coleslaw, then it’s time to start your culinary magic. Here is a simplified guide to creating this delectable dish that will be an instant hit at your next summer bbq.
- Shred the cabbage and carrots: Begin by thinly shredding the green cabbage and purple cabbage, then grate the carrots and add them to the cabbage. Mix well.
- Add the blueberries: Gently add the blueberries to the cabbage and carrot mix.
- Prepare the dressing: In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper until evenly combined.
- Combine the slaw and dressing: Once you have the preferred dressing consistency, pour the mixture over the cabbage, carrots, and blueberries and toss everything together until they are all well coated.
- Refrigerate: Let it rest in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
Tips To Make The Perfect Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw
Creating a perfect coleslaw dish isn’t an exact science, but there are a few tips to make it more enjoyable for you and your guests.
- Use fresh ingredients: When shopping for your ingredients, it’s important to get the freshest varieties possible. This means heading to your local farmer’s market or a reputable grocery store.
- Use a mandoline: Using a mandoline for shredding the cabbage and carrots will cut down your preparation time and provide a more consistent thickness.
- Mix the dressing well: Whisking the dressing together until it’s smooth and creamy ensures that it will evenly coat the coleslaw.
- Don’t overdo it with the mayonnaise: Although mayonnaise is the main ingredient in the dressing, adding too much can make the dish taste greasy.
- Let it rest: Letting the coleslaw rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to a few hours allows the ingredients to infuse together, creating a more complex flavor.
With these tips and tricks in hand, you’re ready to whip up the perfect pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe that will wow your friends and family.
Why Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw Recipe Is The Perfect Summer Bbq Side Dish
If you’re looking for the perfect summer bbq side dish, look no further than the pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe! This light and refreshing dish is the perfect complement to heavier bbq dishes like ribs or burgers, and the blueberries add a unique and delightful flavor that will set your coleslaw apart from the crowd.
In this blog post, we’ll explain why this recipe is a must-have for any summer gathering.
Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw Recipe Is The Perfect Side Dish For Any Summer Bbq For Several Reasons.
- It’s a light and refreshing side dish that won’t weigh you down in the summer heat.
- The combination of tangy coleslaw and sweet blueberries makes for a unique and delicious flavor.
- Blueberries are a superfood, packed with antioxidants and other nutrients, so you can feel good about serving them to your guests.
It’S Light And Refreshing, Making It An Excellent Complement To Heavier Bbq Dishes Like Ribs Or Burgers.
- Unlike heavier side dishes like potato salad or mac and cheese, coleslaw won’t leave you feeling bloated or overly full.
- The tangy dressing and crunchy cabbage and carrots in coleslaw provide a refreshing and palate-cleansing break from heavier bbq dishes.
- Plus, the vibrant colors of the blueberries add a visual pop to your bbq spread.
Additionally, The Blueberries Add A Unique Flavor That Will Delight Your Guests And Set Your Coleslaw Apart From The Crowd.
- Blueberries are a delicious and unexpected addition to traditional coleslaw.
- Their sweet and tart flavor complements the tangy dressing perfectly.
- Plus, the deep purple color of the berries adds a beautiful contrast to the bright green and orange vegetables in the coleslaw.
Overall, if you’re looking to make a statement at your next summer bbq, be sure to include this pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe on your menu!
Frequently Asked Questions On Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw Recipe
How Do I Make Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw?
In a large bowl, toss cabbage, carrots, and celery seeds. Add mayo, vinegar, honey, salt, and pepper. Fold in the blueberries. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Can I Replace Mayo With Greek Yogurt In This Recipe?
Yes, you can replace mayo with greek yogurt. It will give the same creamy texture and add a tangy flavor to the coleslaw.
How Long Can I Store Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw In The Fridge?
You can store pdq blueberry coleslaw in the fridge for up to 2-3 days, covered with plastic wrap or an airtight container.
What Other Fruits Can I Add To Coleslaw?
You can add a variety of fruits to coleslaw such as apples, pineapples, mandarin oranges, raspberries, strawberries, and grapes.
Is Pdq Blueberry Coleslaw A Healthy Recipe?
Pdq blueberry coleslaw is a healthy recipe because it is made with fresh vegetables, fruits, and contains no preservatives or artificial flavors. It is also low in calories and high in fiber.
After preparing this pdq blueberry coleslaw recipe, you will never want to go back to the traditional coleslaw recipes again. With its refreshing twist of blueberries, this dish can make anyone’s taste buds dance with joy. Not only is it a healthy option with its fiber-rich vegetables but blueberries add an extra dose of nutrients such as vitamin c and antioxidants to this dish.
Whether you are planning a family picnic or a barbecue party with friends, this recipe will leave your guests impressed and satisfied. Don’t forget to add in the optional ingredients as they add more flavor and texture to the dish.
So, what are you waiting for? Try out this recipe and give your taste buds a happy surprise!