The Virginia Bakery Schnecken Recipe is a classic German pastry that’s easy to make. To begin, you’ll need 2 cups of all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder, ¼ teaspoon of salt and 8 tablespoons (1 stick) of butter. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients and then cut in the butter until it forms pea-sized pieces.
Next add ½ cup of sour cream and stir until just combined. On a lightly floured surface knead the dough several times before rolling into an 8×10 inch rectangle. Spread 4 tablespoons melted butter onto the dough followed by ¾ cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans (optional), and 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon.
Roll up from one long side like a jelly roll and slice into 12 equal pieces with a sharp knife or pizza wheel before placing on an ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart for even rising during cooking time at 375°F for 15 minutes or until golden brown on top. Allow to cool slightly before serving warm with hot coffee or tea!
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique sweet treat, try making Virginia Bakery Schnecken! This classic recipe is made with layers of buttery dough, cinnamon filling, and topped with crunchy walnuts. The result is an irresistible combination of flavors that will leave your mouth watering.
Whether you choose to make them from scratch or purchase pre-made Schnecken at the store, this traditional Virginia dessert is sure to be a hit!
Q1: What is a Schnecken
A schnecken is a pastry made with ingredients such as butter, honey, cinnamon and raisins. It has a spiral shape and a crunchy texture. The main components of the traditional schnecken are:
– Butter – Honey – Cinnamon
– Raisins It is also common to find other variations that include nuts or chocolate chips. This sweet treat is popular in several European countries like Germany and Austria, but it can be found worldwide.
Q2: What Ingredients are Needed to Make Virginia Bakery Schnecken
Ingredients needed to make Virginia Bakery Schnecken include: – 2 cups all purpose flour – 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt – 3 large eggs, at room temperature – 1 cup light brown sugar, packed tightly
– 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly – 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract To make the Schnecken, these ingredients need to be combined together in a bowl.
Afterwards, it needs to be rolled out on a lightly floured surface until it is about ½ inch thick. Finally the dough should be cut into rectangles and baked for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Q3: How Long Does It Take to Bake Virginia Bakery Schnecken
Virginia Bakery Schnecken usually takes about 30-35 minutes to bake. Here are the steps required: • Preheat oven to 375°F
• Grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan • Mix together ingredients as directed in recipe • Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with walnuts or other topping, if desired
• Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown on top. Cool before serving.
Virginia Bakery Remembered-Yellow dough
This Virginia Bakery Schnecken recipe is a delightfully delicious way to start your morning. The combination of cinnamon, brown sugar and butter make for an irresistible treat that will have everyone in your house begging for more. With just the right amount of sweetness and crunch, these schnecken are sure to be a hit at any breakfast or brunch.
Whether you’re whipping up a batch of these scrumptious pastries for yourself or serving them at your next gathering, this simple yet flavorful recipe is one you won’t soon forget!